Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Someone

The words bounce through my head which sits like a vast but empty cavern. The words are trapped much like Cindy. "Be prepared, she is not the same."
I am scared to walk into a familiar room with an unfamiliar person. I feel her spirit slipping away. She is strong, but her body is weak. The light is draining from her and I wish I could bottle up just one drop of that energy.
Most of my heartache in life has been self induced. This is not one of those times. This is one of those times I shake my head with frustration and say, "Why God?" The air I breathe is thick and hard to filter through. I breathe deeper and with more purpose. I have a working body, she does not.
I cannot walk into that room and shed a tear, I must be brave like her. The sadness of this situation is something I have tried to avoid but I cannot any longer. Someone has lit a match in front of my face and they are about to throw it onto the fuel. I wish I knew who that someone was so that I could beat him up. It's easier to be mad at a someone rather than an unknown. She knows this someone too well. His name is Cancer and he has been her companion for too long.

For now, these are the images I wish to see in my head.








Bear Lake. It was like my Terra from "Gone with the Wind". I will always hold onto my summer memories from Bear Lake with the people I loved.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

- All That Is Gold Does Not Glitter by J. R. R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment