Monday, July 18, 2011

Foundations

This is a critical time for me. In order for me to be consistently good and doing what God wants me to do, I need to have solid foundations.

I have been meeting and checking in with my Bishop every week and this Sunday was profound. He cried to me of my importance. I have always believed him but something about him saying the same words to me that he has always said, that I am a Daughter of God, and him becoming emotional over it made me more convinced- which I didn't think was possible because it is something I have believed so fully. Knowing I am a Daughter of God is something so precious to me; It has been a big part in forgiving myself.

Since working through my assertiveness book, I have realized that I have been in an extended state of stress. The things that will help me the most in my life are consistent, and soild foundations. For example, did you know creative thinking declines when you are stressed? It's been so hard for me to get back into my art specifically since my divorce. To build stress related resistance, I must exercise, eat well, get enough sleep, watch my caffeine intake and lead a balanced life. These are the physical things that will help me achieve my goals.
My Bishop said he likes the progress I have made with reading my scriptures and praying. Those things are never boring to me- they are essential! He wants me to take my prayers to the next level. He was impressed when I said I have been praying for opportunities to help others. I know that service speaks to my soul like nothing else, and that is one way I can feel the Spirit speak to me. So I pray to be able to serve others and fulfill the Father's will. Bishop also said the scriptures are like a key and unlock one's mind to further understanding. He wants me to experience this and document it and report back. I am excited for this. I know these are the small steps which will set my life on a path which I will never fall away from. Life conflicts are hard, but if I work harder to develop the tools necessary then I will never falter from what I know to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment